Toronto Film Society is back in the theatre! However, we’re still pleased to continue to bring you films straight to your home!
Beginning Season 73 until now we have shown: Charade (1963), The Red House (1947), Meet John Doe (1941), D.O.A. (1949), His Girl Friday (1940), The Little Shop of Horrors (1960), Scarlet Street (1945), Nothing Sacred (1937), The Stranger (1946), Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon (1942), The Strange Love of Marth Ivers (1946), The Scarlet Pimpernel (1934), Love Affair (1939), Champagne for Caesar (1950), Second Chorus (1940), Gulliver’s Travels (1939), Detour (1945), Nosferatu (1922), My Man Godfrey (1936), It’s a Wonderful Life (1946), The Woman in Green (1945), The Symbol of the Unconquered (1920), Rain (1932), Kansas City Confidential (1952).
Join us on Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 7:30 p.m. EST for And Then There Were None (1945), directed by René Clair, starring Barry Fitzgerald, Walter Huston, Louis Hayward, Roland Young, June Duprez, Mischa Auer, C. Aubrey Smith, Judith Anderson.
The first and arguably finest of many adaptations of Agatha Christie’s classic best-selling mystery novel boasts an exceptional cast and brilliant direction. The tale of ten strangers lured to a remote island, then killed one by one, has been oft-told, but rarely with as much style or suspense. French director René Clair’s evocative European sensibilities can be seen in each and every frame, making this a true gem of the mystery-thriller genre. Whether you’re a fan of the novel or just enjoy a good mystery, this is a film that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end.
There is no charge for this screening, but we are suggesting a donation of $10 to help cover ongoing costs
Save the date! Join us for all our Virtual screenings in 2023:
• Saturday, June 17, 2023 – Royal Wedding (1951), directed by Stanley Donen, starring Fred Astaire, Jane Powell and Peter Lawford
• Saturday, July 29, 2023 – The Hitch-Hiker (1953), directed by Ida Lupino, starring Edmond O’Brien and William Talman
• Saturday, August 26, 2023 – The Southerner (1945), directed by Jean Renoir, starring Zachary Scott, Betty Field, J. Carrol Naish and Beulah Bondi
• Friday, September 29, 2023 – Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans (1927), directed by F.W. Murnau, starring George O’Brien, Janet Gaynor and Margaret Livingston
• Saturday, October 28, 2023 – The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920), directed by Robert Wiene, starring Werner Krauss, Conrad Veidt and Lil Dangover
• Saturday, November 25, 2023 – Too Late for Tears (1949), directed by Byron Haskin, starring Lizabeth Scott, Dan Duryea and Arthur Kennedy
• Saturday, December 16, 2023 – Penny Serenade (1941), directed by George Stevens, starring Irene Dunne, Cary Grant and Beulah Bondi
Toronto Film Society is back in the theatre! However, we’re still pleased to continue to bring you films straight to your home! Beginning Season 73 until now we have...
I was unable to watch the March 26 presentation. On Saturday I received emails inviting me to log in but everything I tried failed. “Not Available”.
You may keep the $20 I donated. My gift.
I’m sorry to hear you had a problem. We appreciate your donation. I’ll email you directly!
Any idea when the theatre will be open again
Soon – an announcement will be coming in the next week!